Did you know that up to 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows? That’s why Hunter Douglas designed Duette honeycomb shades, with a unique cellular shape that traps air in distinct pockets to help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The unique honeycomb design is praised for its efficiency, but its shape and overall aesthetic are beautiful and stylish.
The original single- and double-honeycomb Duette shades come in multiple cell sizes, a horizontal or Vertiglide vertical orientation, and a range of light-control options from sheer to opaque.
Here are some of the benefits of Hunter Douglas Honeycomb Duette Shades (and why we love them here at Jabot):
- There are probably the most versatile window covering on the market as they can be used on those hard-to-cover angled or arched windows, as well as a vertical application and skylights.
- They offer lifting systems like top-down / bottom-up which lets you cover the bottom portion of your window for privacy, while keeping your view open at the top. Open from the top, from the bottom, or find somewhere in-between–for the perfect balance of privacy and light.
- When they are lifted, the shade’s stack is really small so you don’t have that bulk in your window.
- They absorb sound, helping reduce outside noise. They’ll even improve your room’s acoustics. (The degree of sound control will depend on the fabric you choose, so if this is an important feature to you, be sure to discuss this with us!)
- They’re energy efficient, help keeping cold out in the winter and heat out in the summer, as mentioned above.
- They offer 75% UV protection from harmful UV rays that prevent fading to your furniture, flooring, and artwork.
- They come with a cordless lift system, which means no cord hanging in the window, which is completely child friendly.
One of Ricci Lee’s favourite things about these Duette honeycomb shades are the Duolite option that “lets you use two fabrics in one blind, one that filters light for privacy and sun control during the day, and one that gives you that room darkening for sleeping at night.”
How perfect are these shades? One more bonus, including all of the above benefits, is that they have a lifetime guarantee. Hunter Douglas products are of the highest quality, but just in case, you have the insurance of the their lifetime limited guarantee.
If you ever have any questions about Duette shades, please give us call!